Ready for the next step in growing your creative business? Create an artist goals group! Find out how to build a group of peers, give and receive support, hold each other accountable for business goals, and get more accomplished.
Learn how in this free, two-part workshop – attend one or both dates!
September 19: Setting up a Goals Group
Watch an actual goals group meeting of four working artists. Then, set up your own small group and hold your first meeting.Register For Sept 19 Here!
October 17: Achieving Goals with Group Support
Hold your second goals group meeting right here. OR, if you didn’t join a group earlier, come to this workshop and learn more.Register For Oct 17 Here!
*FEE: $25 (FREE for students. IF YOU ARE A WCC STUDENT, EMAIL: email@example.com to get FREE entry.)
Looking to start a business? Join Ann Arbor SPARK and our community partners to learn about personality traits of entrepreneurs, marketing plans, legal, accounting, and risk considerations, product development, business plans and financing options.
Register here: http://annarborusa.org/events
Are you interested in learning more about intellectual property law? Would you like to know where to find IP resources that apply to your situation? Help is on the way! A panel of intellectual property attorneys and a representative from University of Michigan’s Patent and Trademark Resource Center has been assembled to overview patents, trademarks, and copyrights and to field your questions.
Attorney Doug Waters, Professional Faculty, Business and Computer Technologies Division
- Leena Lalwani, U-M Patent & Trademark Resource Center Librarian
- Michael Spink, Brinks Gilson & Lione
- Michael B. Stewart, Esq., Fishman Stewart PLLC
- Jennifer Theis, Trademark Attorney Brinks Gilson & Lione
Twice a year, Washtenaw Community College opens our doors for Free College Day. This popular event is a chance for us to share the exciting educational and life changing opportunities our students get to experience every day with our community.
Check out the following entrepreneurial and business-related courses during Free College Day:
- #Hashtags# for Social Media Marketing
- Computer Networking for Home or Office
- Creating Customer Advocates: Value Proposition and the Customer Experience
- Improv Yourself! Improvisational Acting Workshop
- Social Media Best Practices
Click here to learn more and register: http://www.wccnet.edu/activities/free-college-day/
Hey small business owners! Missing Free Coffee Wednesdays at the EC? Not to fear, the EC, in partnership with Lake Trust Credit Union, is now offering something even better: a monthly ‘Lunch and Learn’ series on essential financial information for small business owners. Thanks to Lake Trust Credit Union, come have lunch and listen to experts explain:
“Essentials of Small Business Finances” on October 3Register Here!
“Insuring Your Future: How To Navigate the Insurance World” on November 7
“Invest in Your Future – Small Business Financial Planning, Keeping Your Retirement on Track, How to Plan for Your Future When You’re Self-Employed” on December 5
November & December registrations available one month prior to event.
Walk in and talk to a business librarian to learn how to use the library’s databases to access all this information and more.
No registration necessary, just walk in!
Enjoy lunch and a panel discussion on “Healthcare Career Pathways: Career Opportunities from Traditional to Entrepreneurial”
Ever wonder what it would be like to start your own nursing business, what a flight nurse does, or how nursing has changed in the last thirty years? Listen to a panel of experts share experiences, and learn about the variety of options in nursing careers and advanced degrees.
Come hear moderator Elise Sampson, WCC faculty, direct questions and answers to experts in nursing and health fields, followed by an opportunity to ask your own questions.
- Stephen Dion, RN, BSN, Clinical Nursing Supervisor/WCC Clinical Instructor, Michigan Medicine
- Amy Loveland, MHA, BSN, RN, Patient Care Coordinator, Great Lakes Caring
- Michael Malecki, RN, President/CEO, M & M Homecare
- Sherry Oswald, RN, Hospital, Private Practice, Hospice Care
- David Roberts, RN, Flight Nurse, UofM Survival Flight; Owner, Health eSimulations
- Tashira Winston, RN, MSN, CNL, Director of Nursing Practice & Education, St. Mary Mercy Hospital